I used to listen to music just for the sound. If I loved the beat, someone’s voice, or a rhythm, that’s all I needed. But over the last five years, I’ve started to care just as much about lyrics as the melodies—and it’s made me much more grateful for the powerful messaging in conscious music.
My guest today is Rob Riccardo, who is literally one of my favorite musicians of all time! His lyrics uplift and inspire me. They have the power to elevate my consciousness and have helped me through life’s most difficult moments, including my struggles with depression.
Rob is a deep, thoughtful, and enlightened individual. It was fascinating to get to talk with him, hear his journey, and learn more about the way he’s approached music and life—especially as he’s navigated the pandemic over the last two years.
You’re going to walk away from this episode with a refreshed mindset around living in the present moment and accepting happiness into your life—even if reality is different than what you imagined!
- Rob shares his creative process and where the inspiration for his uplifting songs come from.
- Why we all have so much more in common than we think we do.
- How Rob rediscovered his love for music, after not playing for 5-years straight.
- How to silence the voice in your head that tells you that your creative work isn’t good enough and find the confidence to share your message.
- Why the fantasy we imagine is almost always better than the reality when we arrive—and why nothing beats the present moment!
- If you can’t learn to be happy with what you have now, what makes you think that you’ll know how to be happy with what you think you want in the future?
- When we focus on things that are out of our control, we feel out of control. Find out what to do instead!
- The power of setting goals without getting attached to the results
- How to navigate the challenges in your life with curiosity and an ever-shifting mindset.
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Organifi makes the highest quality nutritional products, which are made from whole food ingredients (not synthetic vitamins) that I enjoy nearly every day, and have for many years. Visit Organifi.com/Hal, and use the code HAL at checkout to get 20% off of your entire order. I hope you find something there that you love! :^)
Copyright © 2022 Miracle Morning, LP and International Literary Properties LLC