Would you say that you’re truly happy? In 2020, I got to a place where I was so depressed that I told my wife and my friends, “I don’t remember what it feels like to be happy.” That was after I had already sent my wife a desperate text message one night that read, “I don’t want to worry you, but I feel like I don’t want to live, and I don’t know what to do.”
I was so scared that I’d never be able to get back to a place of happiness again and couldn’t remember how to get there. But over the course of the past year, I’ve gone from being the most unhappy I’ve ever been to arguably the happiest I’ve ever been in my life. It wasn’t a change in circumstances that led me there, it was a change in how I approach and view my life.
In today’s episode of the podcast, I want to share the three steps I took to get from being completely unhappy to feeling like I’m living life in a state of joy, peace, love, and gratitude—everything that makes up the feeling of happiness.
- Why two people whose lives look exactly the same often feel completely different.
- Why happy people find joy in everything they do and unhappy people constantly experience emotional turmoil.
- The reason why there’s no cookie cutter approach to happiness—and how you can remove the obstacles that stop you from feeling happy.
- The power of choosing to be happy—and what this actually entails.
- What happens when we accept the unchangeable, stop resisting reality, and be at peace with things exactly as they are.
- How to find joy in everything you do and make every moment the best moment of your life.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you enjoyed this post and received value from this episode, please leave a quick comment below and SHARE with your friends. Thank YOU for paying it forward! :^)
COMMENT QUESTION: What is your big takeaway? Write it in the comments below.
Copyright © 2021 Miracle Morning, LP and International Literary Properties LLC