GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING A MIRACLE MORNING STORY
Write your story in the first person. Ensure it has a beginning, middle, and end that inspires the reader to take action on their own transformation.
Guidelines for Your Miracle Morning Story
- Tell your true, first-person story (true stories only), written about your own experience.
- Tell it in a way that will make the reader laugh, cry, or feel like they could leap tall buildings in a single bound.
- Start with, Before I discovered The Miracle Morning, my life was… Then, share your progress, and then close with what you’re feeling and doing now.
- Speak from your heart. We find ourselves in others’ stories, and we can assure you someone will be moved and inspired by your story! If you want to, feel free to use a pen name.
- Writing in the present tense is your best bet.
- Your story must be 1200 words or less, have had at least one editing pass, and be free typos, missing or extra words.
- Close your story with your name, where you live, and what you do for a living. You may include a website or the title of a book you’ve written.
What a Miracle Morning Story isn’t:
- A sales pitch for your business or book.
- An “as told to” story. Someone can ghostwrite your story, or you can ghostwrite someone’s story—but the person listed is the person the story is about.
- A term paper, thesis, letter, or journal entry.
- About politics or controversial issues.
- A biography or testimonial.
- A journalistic article about a third party that reads like a newspaper article.
A few more tips about submitting:
- The only way to submit your stories to us is via our website. If you have any problems when trying to fill out the form and submit your work, please contact our webmaster at: email@example.com. Responses from the webmaster usually take several days, so be patient. Multiple inquiries slow down the process.
- Our webmaster cannot help you with your personal computer challenges. If you have questions, such as, “How do I paste my story into the submission form?” please ask a friend or relative, not our webmaster.
- Please submit only stories not been previously published. The only exception to this is if your work has only been published in a small local publication with limited circulation or on your own blog.
- Please do not send us any book manuscripts or other messages as they will be automatically discarded. Also, we do not accept title ideas from the public. If we receive any, they will be discarded and will not be reviewed by Honorée Corder.
What happens after I submit my story?
You’ll see a message that says: Thank you! Your information has been received. This is your confirmation that we have received your story and this is the only confirmation you will receive. There is no separate e-mail message from us. (You’ll see a very obvious “ERROR” message if your submission does not go through.)
How will you know if your story is selected?
If we choose to include your story in our book, you will be notified by email. You will become a Contributing Author our Miracle Morning Book Series Family. To help cover production costs, you will be asked to pay a one-time fee of $250 prior to our deadline, and you’ll have 10 (ten) days to submit your payment after your story is selected. You’ll receive 10 copies of the book and be able to purchase up to 100 copies of the book at a discount.
What if my story isn’t selected?
If we don’t select your story, you won’t hear anything as we do not send rejection letters. In general, if you have not heard from us two months prior to the book’s publication (tentatively March 2020), that probably means we have decided not to use your story. We expect to receive hundreds of submissions for each book and we have limited room for stories. We will choose the best stories for our readers, and if your story isn’t chosen, it isn’t personal (we promise).
If we decide to keep producing titles: You can check the on-sale dates for our future books by checking the Coming Soon! page on our website.
Can I publish my story elsewhere?
We assume if you’ve submitted your story, you want us to use it and aren’t intending to use it elsewhere. If you intend to publish it elsewhere, don’t submit it.
What if my email address changes? If your e-mail address changes after you submit your story, be sure to let our webmaster know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else is cool about submitting my story, besides changing the world?
If we publish your story, you become part of The Miracle Morning Book Series Contributing Author Family. We’ll acknowledge you in the community, you will and will be able to buy up to 250 copies of your books from us at half of the retail price. You will also receive our monthly newsletter from Honorée Corder that is sent exclusively to our published writers, with advance notice of new books, contests to win Miracle Morning merchandise, and writing tips.