How does it make you feel when people you know—whether it’s your family, friends, co-workers, or even just acquaintances on social media—have opposing views on topics that are important to you?
I recently shared something on social media that prompted a lot of critical feedback, and those comments inspired today’s episode.
Although most of us connect more easily with people who think like we do, the reality is that we’re not all going to be on the same page, so how do we engage effectively with those we disagree with?
Do we choose to judge, condemn, and perpetuate polarization? Or do we choose to respect each other’s opinions and come from a place of love and understanding?
In the spirit of striving for unity, I want to talk to you about three (3) considerations to help you get along with people you disagree with. I also want to respond to some of the feedback I received from that social media post, then discuss what we can do to get along better with everyone—no matter how different they may be.
- What it really means when an intelligent person thinks the exact opposite way that you do on a topic.
- How to keep an open mind, learn what someone else thinks and feels, and grow and evolve with them.
- How learning someone’s perspective gives you the key to unconditional empathy and love for all people.
- What happened when I shared a post by an alternative doctor on Facebook–and how my own experience prompted me to share that message with my audience.
- How to transcend toxic tribalism and ideology and work to become a beacon of peace, empathy, and understanding.
THIS EPISODE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Organifi makes the highest quality nutritional products, which are made from whole food ingredients (not synthetic vitamins) that I enjoy nearly every day, and have for many years. Visit Organifi.com/Hal, and use the code HAL at checkout to get 20% off of your entire order. I hope you find something there that you love! :^)
Rise by CURED Nutrition is a natural supplement made from CBD, Lions Mane and Ginseng (among others) that helps boost energy, performance and cognitive function. There’s no caffeine, no jitters and most importantly, no crash. Visit CuredNutrition.com/Hal and receive 20% off of your entire order. They have tons of other products as well, hopefully you’ll find something that works for you. :^)
CONNECT WITH US
RATE & REVIEW THE PODCAST
Reviews for the podcast on iTunes are greatly appreciated and will allow us to get the word out about the show and grow as a community. We read every single review and believe each one goes a long way in helping us make the show even better! If you received value from this episode, please take a moment and rate and review the podcast by clicking here.
Copyright © 2022 Miracle Morning, LP and International Literary Properties LLC