Whether you are an entrepreneur, parent, and/or a provider, it’s easy to forget that at the end of your life, your loved ones won’t remember the paychecks you took home, the mortgage payments you made, or even what you achieved in your career. What they will remember is the time you spent with them, who it helped them become, and how you contributed to their emotional well-being and quality of life.
I learned this the hard way. When I was diagnosed with cancer several years ago, I said that my family was my number one priority, but my schedule didn’t tell the same story. I was a workaholic, but I was in denial.
Thankfully, around that same time, one of my best friends, Jon Vroman, started Front Row Dads – a community for family men with businesses, not businessmen with families. Jon chose to step up and align his work with making his family this top priority, and his work has been hugely transformative for me and hundreds of others over the years.
Today’s episode of the podcast, Jon interviews me about the radical changes I’m making in my life to ensure that my family remains my true #1 priority in 2020, which hopefully will give you the courage, permission and strategies to really put your family first—and achieve all of your family-related goals—in 2020.
- The daily, weekly, and monthly rituals my wife and I put into place to strengthen our bonds and connections as a family.
- How to quit worrying about disappointing people, have difficult conversations, and create a schedule filled with things that you love to do.
- How writing The Miracle Equation took me out of alignment with my values.
- Why money has nothing to do with how much time you spend with your family – and how to stop thinking in start-up mode and looking for One More Thing to do with your business when you don’t need to.
- How to stop suffering in silence, embrace vulnerability, and ask the people you love for help when you need it.
- What I do to adjust my Miracle Morning routine when work or family calls for it.
- How people in my life are helping me move forward by holding me accountable and having great conversations.
- And more…
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you enjoyed this post and received value from this episode, please leave a quick comment below and SHARE with your friends. Thank YOU for paying it forward! :^)
COMMENT QUESTION: What is your big takeaway? Write it in the comments below.
Copyright © 2019 Miracle Morning, LP and International Literary Properties LLC