When Nick Santonastasso was born, he was given a 30% chance of surviving birth. One of only 12 people in the world born with Hanhart Syndrome – an extremely rare genetic disorder that caused Nick to be born with no legs, only one arm, and one finger. Growing up was hard, and Nick found himself self-loathing and thinking about ending his life.
However, more than just surviving, Nick found his WHY when he became a high school wrestler and professional bodybuilder. Now, he is sharing his experience with people all over the world as a keynote speaker at schools, non-profits, as well as Fortune 500 companies. He can even count Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Tony Robbins among his admirers.
I’m meeting Nick for the very first time today on the podcast. He shares stories of how he overcame his limitations to achieve everything he’s ever wanted, so that you can do the same.
You’ll hear about what he did to survive the darkest years of his life, and how he’s built a truly extraordinary career out of using challenges to inspire people to push through their suffering and live life without limitations – just like he does.
- Why Nick lives in a state of gratitude despite having been born with an extremely rare genetic condition – and how he screens out naysayers, haters, and lists of things doctors told his parents he’d never be able to do.
- How his parents putting challenges and hardships in front of him at an early age and enrolling him in a regular school helped him see things in terms of “how,” not “can’t.”
- Why being part of a team helped Nick dig himself out of the worst years of his life – and how he found his calling after deciding to cut his arm off to become a wrestler in high school.
- How Nick gained 50,000 followers on Vine overnight, spread his message, got banned from his local Wal-Mart, and got his first high-profile job: pranking Walking Dead actor Norman Reedus.
- What Nick did to break into speaking, writing, and much more in less than 9 months – and where his confidence in his ability to learn may take him next.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you enjoyed this post and received value from this episode, please leave a quick comment below and SHARE with your friends. Thank YOU for paying it forward! :^)
COMMENT QUESTION: What is your big takeaway? Write it in the comments below.