A well-respected expert in her field, Anna David is a New York Times bestselling author of two novels and four nonfiction books about addiction, recovery, and relationships.
She has appeared on the Today Show, Dr. Drew, CBS Morning, and Insider. She’s been published in the New York Times, TIME, Vanity Fair, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, and has been written about in Forbes, Martha Stewart Living, Entrepreneur, Allure, and Women’s Health, among many others.
Most recently, Anna and I co-authored the newest book in the Miracle Morning series, The Miracle Morning for Addiction Recovery: Letting Go of Who You’ve Been for Who You Can Become, along with Joe Polish – founder of Genius Recovery.
- About my own drug addiction in my 20s, which I’ve never spoken about publicly – until now.
- Why addiction is our #1 health crisis today – and the major misconceptions surrounding addicts (including the fact that an “addiction” can be much more than just drugs or alcohol).
- Anna’s story of how she developed an addiction to cocaine, alcohol, and Ambien, discovered the nature of her addiction while in rehab, and stayed sober after one unsuccessful experiment 18 years ago.
- The #1 most common trait that all addicts have in common.
- How you can help people currently struggling with addiction – and the importance of treating people with compassion instead of judgement.
- And much more…
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you enjoyed this post and received value from this episode, please leave a quick comment below and SHARE with your friends. Thank YOU for paying it forward! :^)
COMMENT QUESTION: What is your big takeaway? Write it in the comments below.