Have you ever taken a personality assessment? You know, the Myers-Briggs, DISC, or Enneagram tests that are supposed to tell us about who we are and fit us neatly into a predetermined category?
Well, today’s guest, Dr. Benjamin Hardy, has a very different take on personality testing. In his new book, Personality Isn’t Permanent, he explores why these tests go against science and psychology, shape your identity in dangerous ways, and prevent us from living up to our true potential.
Today, Dr. Hardy joins the podcast to talk about the danger of accepting labels from others, why it’s time to do away with outdated personality tests, and how to stop living in the past and set a foundation for a hopeful future.
- Why personality as a concept doesn’t actually exist in types – and how these labels distort our perceptions and stunt our growth.
- The difference between the growth mindset and the fixed mindset.
- How a personality test almost prevented Ben’s marriage.
- What people can do to process and heal from trauma and escape feelings of passivity and hopelessness.
- Effective, science-based ways to make radical, meaningful change in your life.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If you enjoyed this post and received value from this episode, please leave a quick comment below and SHARE with your friends. Thank YOU for paying it forward! :^)
COMMENT QUESTION: What is your big takeaway? Write it in the comments below.
Copyright © 2020 Miracle Morning, LP and International Literary Properties LLC